Monday, August 9, 2010

Confetti - Masqeurade Ball

Another of my beloved vampies. :) This one is tiny red glitter sparkles in a black base. I had a hard time getting the red sparkles to show up in the pics, but they're definitely noticeable on the nail; I love that this polish is truly dark, yet doesn't really look black even in indoor light. The beautiful blackened red shimmer/sparkle is still evident.

Here it is with flash:
Pics are three coats plus base and top coat.

I happened upon a full rack of Confetti polishes at CVS a few weeks ago, and picked up this one and a few other colors that looked promising. This is one of the first ones I've actually worn, and I must say I'm pretty impressed with this brand so far, especially for the price of $1.99. It went on with no application problems and wore well, lasting three days with no chips, dents or tip-wear before I got bored with the color and changed it. The quality, at least judging from this color, seems at least comparable to Sinful Colors, another drugstore brand with a similar price point. The color selection was nice; even if there didn't seem to be anything drop-dead stunningly different, there was a good selection of colors and some very pretty ones at that.

One thing to be aware of with this brand, though (and if you've seen any reviews of the brand on other nail blogs you'll probably already know this, but I guess it may still bear repeating): Check the brush before you buy! Some of the bottles had really wonky brushes, too long for the bottle and bent over at the tip, that could probably make application quite tricky.

If you're careful about making sure the bottle you buy has a functional brush, it's a very nice polish at a very good price.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on my blog. I read and appreciate every comment and will do my best to reply within a day or two.