Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Claire's - Hollywood

First of all, I'm sorry for my unexplained lack of posting lately - I've been working a lot more than usual lately, and although I've still been polishing my nails regularly, it just hasn't been possible to find the time for taking photos, editing them, and blogging about it. Hopefully, things will be slowing down a bit now, and I'll be able to resume regular posts.

Although, if they're all as lackluster as this one, that may or may not be a good thing! ;) This polish completely freaked out my camera and this picture does not do it any justice at all (though it was the best of the lot). Plus, I'll be the first to admit that this is a spectacularly lousy manicure. That's what I get for rushing it too much - polish flooding my cuticles.

Despite what it looks like here, this is actually a very pretty polish: fine silver and holo glitter in a shimmery silver base. It's sparkly, but not overly flashy.

It applied very smoothly and dried a bit rough, as glitters often do. I used an opaque white base coat and three coats of polish plus a top coat. It held up well on my nails without chipping or tip wear, and was a bit of a pain to remove (but I expect that of a glitter polish, so no biggie.)

All in all, I think it's a good option for when you want a bit of sparkle, but nothing too in-your-face.

Thanks for reading, and happy polishing!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on my blog. I read and appreciate every comment and will do my best to reply within a day or two.