Thursday, September 23, 2010

Savvy Femme - Fairy Twinkle layered over Wet'n'Wild Black Creme

Fairy Twinkle is a beautiful sheer pink polish with loads of gold glass-fleck shimmer. And when I say sheer, I do mean sheer! So I decided to layer it over black to see how it looked.
It came out a dusky, lavender/mauvey-pinky-gold (lol, I know, that's some description! Sorry, my brain's kind of short-circuited after a long day and being up late last with a mild though miserable case of food poisoning), extremely shimmery color. It didn't photograph all that well, so you can't really see too much of the pink, although it's noticeable on the nail itself.

And I don't know what's up with the green-toned zombie hands I've been sporting in all my pics lately! I know Halloween's coming up, but...sheesh! :P I'm blaming my camera, since I'm pretty sure I haven't died recently (though I did kind of feel like I might at around 4:30 last night!).

Anyway, no problems with applying this one, though it was a bit slow to dry and stayed kind of tacky to the touch for a while. Although it was also a wet and stormy night with high humidity, so that may have something to do with the drying issues. Pics show four coats, because I wanted lots of shimmery goodness, over black base coat and top coat.

Braaaaaiiiinsss! Er...I mean...thanks for looking. ;) Hee hee, I love zombies...just wish I didn't look like one in my pics...

2 comments:

  1. Love fairy twinkle. I never thought to use more than one coat tho - nice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ABOP: Thanks! :) Fairy Twinkle is such a great layering polish. I can't wait to try it over some other colors and see how it looks!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting on my blog. I read and appreciate every comment and will do my best to reply within a day or two.