Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Ulta - After Hours

After hours is part of Ulta's Glam Goth Collection mini polish set. It's a very deep purple polish with some purple shimmer that's more noticeable in the bottle than on the nail.

Unfortunately, my camera doesn't like taking pictures of purple things, so the polish looks like a navy blue creme here, which it absolutely isn't. It's truly deepest purple, so purple that it almost looks black (but you can still tell it's purple in most lights, which I like. If I want a polish that looks indistinguishable from black, I'll just wear a black polish in the first place and not bother with a color. :-P) And it's not a creme; it definitely has a little more shimmer to it than shows up in the pictures.

Here it is with flash, showing a bit more of it's shimmery side (though it still looks way, way too blue, dang it!).

It went on a little thick, but otherwise applied fairly nicely. I did have a bit of a tough time with the brush, though, but that was more of a "me" issue than a flaw in the brush itself: I have fairly small and narrow nails and it was a surprisingly wide and full brush for a mini bottle. For me, that combination of narrow nail + big brush + slightly gloopy formula = lots of clean-up to do. For those of you who prefer a wider brush, though, it may be perfect.

All in all, it's a nice vampy color, but I don't know that I would necessarily want a full bottle of it, if it were available, simply because I have several other colors that are very similar already in my collection. And my collection is a bit overstocked with vampies and dark colors at the moment anyway; I'm trying to branch out a bit colorwise. (I really bought the set for Tainted Love and For Bitten, which seemed much more unique, and which I have yet to wear.) I'm still happy to have After Hours come along for the ride, though.

Thanks for looking! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on my blog. I read and appreciate every comment and will do my best to reply within a day or two.