Monday, July 19, 2010

Claire's 14 Karats

First of all, I must apologize for posting pics of this one pre-clean-up; I was in a hurry to catch the last of the sunlight before yet another sudden summer thunderstorm came rumbling through.

I'm finally living up to the title of my blog; my nails are indeed gilded!

I really liked this gleaming golden color. For some reason, it reminds me of ancient treasures, like a golden statue that might have been discovered in the tomb of an Egyptian pharaoh, perhaps...(I know, I think of odd things sometimes. :-P) It was a bit more prone to brushstrokes than I expected, but on the plus side, it only took two coats to be perfectly opaque, and I wore it all weekend with no major chipping.

And it matched perfectly with the gold embroidery on a dress I wore this weekend:

I wish I had thought to take a picture Of my nails while I was still wearing both the dress and the polish...Why do I always think of these things just a little bit too late?

I was lucky enough to find this one a few weeks ago when Claire's was having a ten-items-for-ten-dollars sale, so it was an amazing bargain at a dollar, but I would have been happy to have paid full price for such a pretty gold polish!

In full sun:

In shade, no flash:
All pics are two coats, plus base and top coat.

2 comments:

  1. Even before I read what you wrote, I thought "pharoah"! I guess we're on the same page. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Zara: Yes, I guess we both had the same train of thought about this polish. :) Thanks for reading and commenting!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting on my blog. I read and appreciate every comment and will do my best to reply within a day or two.