Thursday, July 29, 2010

L'Oreal Shocking Green

Short post tonight - it's been a hectic day and I'm a bit worn out!

Shocking Green is...well, green, obviously. (My descriptive skills are falling a bit short here.) A medium yellow-toned green to be exact, with some gold/orange/green shimmer in it which didn't really show up well in the pictures. It look a bit greener in the first pic than it actually is; the next two are more color-accurate.

Here it is in sunlight:
Oh, goodness, that is one ugly-bug of a polish shot! Please excuse the hard-scrabble-looking dirt background - I was late taking the pics today and had to follow the evening sunlight into a bare corner of the garden...That's where I tried to plant some sunflowers that failed spectacularly, and now it looks as if someone had salted the earth and nothing will ever grow there again. :( Anyway, where was I? Oh...back to the polish, with flash this time:
When I stopped at the beauty supply store today to pick up some polish thinner, still wearing this polish, the cashier asked me, "Is that 'Who the Shrek Are You' on your nails?" I don't have OPI's Who the Shrek Are You in my collection to compare it with, but judging from the swatches I've seen online, maybe it might be close...though I don't think the "Shrek" polish has shimmer in it, does it?

Pics are two coats, plus base and top coats.

Do enjoy the weekend, everyone! :)

2 comments:

  1. I don't believe Who the Shrek Are You has shimmer, but I don't have it either so I can't be sure. This definitely is a shocking green, though; I like it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Zara: I got a chance to check out Who the Shrek Are You at Sally's Beauty Supply yesterday, and you're right - it doesn't have shimmer. :)

    And I'm sorry I missed your comment on this post! As always, thanks for commenting; I really appreciate it! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting on my blog. I read and appreciate every comment and will do my best to reply within a day or two.