Thursday, July 22, 2010

N.Y.C. - Empire State Blue

First of all, welcome to each one of my followers, and thank you!! :) I'm so thrilled that there are people who actually want to read my ramblings! When I started this blog, I didn't know if I'd ever have any followers at all; I can't believe that now I have ten! I can't tell you what a joy it is to be able to share my love of polish with people who actually understand and share my obsession. I hope I can continue to make my blog interesting to all of you.

Now, on to the polish:

I couldn't get a color-accurate photo of this one, no matter what I tried. In real life, it's several shades darker than it looks in these pictures, and it also has a lot more blue in it. It's a peacock blue with blue-green shimmer.

This pic (in sunlight) is the closest to the actual color, although it's still a little too light:
I dearly love blue and green polishes and I have (far too) many of them, yet I don't think I've got another blue quite like this one in my collection. However, I thought it didn't look quite as pretty on the nail as it did in the bottle for some reason. The shimmer didn't show up quite as much...I guess polishes can be funny that way sometimes; occasionally what looks stunning in the bottle will turn out to be just kind of ordinary on, while a polish that looks a little average in the bottle can turn out to be a real knockout when you wear it.

I still think it's very pretty, though.

With flash:
It went on much more sheer than I expected. I ended up using a white basecoat to hide the dreaded VNL (Wet'n'Wild, my standard white) and it took four coats to reach bottle color. So all the pics are four coats plus base and topcoats.

4 comments:

  1. Wow, that is pretty sheer. I like the color a lot, but I don't know if I'd be willing to slap on that many coats or not. :) I do love NYC polish, though; it's cheap and they have great colors!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Zara: I'm willing to put up with a few extra coats if I really love the color; I'm still kind of on the fence about this one though. :)
    NYC does have some great polishes, and you sure can't beat the price! Thanks for reading and commenting! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a gorgeous color. I never tried NYC polishes but I might just go buy one now! I am now following your blog =]

    ReplyDelete
  4. Veronica: Most of the NYC polishes I've tried have been really pretty colors and a great value. Thanks for commenting, and for following! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting on my blog. I read and appreciate every comment and will do my best to reply within a day or two.