Monday, July 26, 2010

Ooops!

While trying to figure out my camera issues, I accidentally deleted all the pics of this weekend's manicure (yeah, I'm a real whizbang with stuff like digital cameras sometimes! ;-P), so I'll have to redo and re-photograph that one later. Sorry, guys...Please bear with me - the camera is fairly new and I'm still learning how to use it.

And I'm in mourning for my nails, which did not survive an encounter with the hood release lever of my car on Sunday night. So, thanks to my car's need to have oil put into it, I'm going to have to try to rock a set of nubbins for a while.

In the meantime, though, here's another post about me messing around with glitter! :D

I'm calling this franken "Tarnished". I wanted a gothier glitter that would be dark yet still sparkly, but not the more usual silver, pink, red, or purple glitter in a black base, etc...So I started off by mixing a pewter-colored glitter into a clear base. Then I added a bit of silver glitter, a touch of dusky lavender glitter, a sprinkle of black glitter, and just a hint of iridescent glitter for extra sparkle and to light up the darkness a little, and this I what I ended up with. Here it is in full sun, doing it's sparkly thing:
And in the shade, still sparkling away:

I love glitter! Have I ever mentioned that? ;)

Now, I'm off to re-read my camera's instruction manual so that I can provide you with a post about an actual polish next time, instead of a post about me dumping a half-ton of glitter into a bottle of clear polish and going, "Oooooohhh, sparklyyy :D!!!!"
Hope everyone's week started off well!

2 comments:

Thank you for commenting on my blog. I read and appreciate every comment and will do my best to reply within a day or two.