Saturday, July 10, 2010

Jordana Lilac Hearts



This one is little shiny lavender hearts mixed with tiny iridescent glitter in a clear base. Here, I've layered it over black to get the little hearts to stand out more. I think it would probably also look good layered over a darker purple, or maybe even white for a more subtle, pastel look.

Pics are two coats over a black base, plus top coat.

It's a sweet-looking polish, very girly with all its little shimmery hearts, but the only problem with it is that, like some other similar polishes I've tried, the little hearts really don't want to be picked up by the brush. After two coats which ended me up with about six little hearts unevenly divided among all ten fingers, I resorted to digging the hearts out of the bottle with a toothpick and sticking them on my nails. It ended up being a little time-consuming for what I'd originally planned as a quick, just-for-fun Saturday manicure. Also, a few of the hearts had fallen off by the time I took these pictures on the afternoon of the second day.

Overall, though, it's a cute effect if you have the time and patience (or are more skillful than I am at coaxing the hearts to stick to the brush), and it's certainly worth the money I paid for it at the dollar store - not the Dollar Tree, but a little local independently-owned one. I don't think they carry the full color selection of Jordana polishes, but they're the only place I've found them around here. They also had versions of this polish with pink and red hearts, respectively, which I also got and will be swatching at a later date.

We finally got a little weak sun late this afternoon after a day of July downpours, so you can see some of the sparkle from the glitter in the sunlight in the third picture.

2 comments:

  1. Cute! I'm impressed that you got the heart glitter dispersed evenly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Zara: Thank you! :) It took me just about forever to do that,lol...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting on my blog. I read and appreciate every comment and will do my best to reply within a day or two.