Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Glitter Franken - Electric violet

This is a lot more glittery and sparkly than it looks in the pictures.My camera doesn't do well with glitter...or purples, apparently...None of these pictures captures the color or the sparkle quite accurately.

I made this one with some super-fine glitter from the dollar store (Oh good heavens, why don't I just go ahead and re-name this blog "Look What I Found at the Dollar Store!" and be done with it? ;-P I promise, not all of my polishes came from the dollar store - I just made a big haul there a couple weeks ago, and am just now getting around to actually taking them out of my stash of untrieds and wearing them.)

Anyway, I used a bright grapey purple glitter in a clear base to start with. Then, because I thought the reult was pretty, but a little boring, I added a bit of fuchsia glitter to brighten it up a bit. Then I let it sit for a week or so before I tried it out on my nails. By that time, some of the color from the glitter had transferred into the clear polish, so what I ended up with was a fuchsia-and-purple glitter in a bright purple jelly base. I'm calling it "Electric Violet" because I like it when the polish I'm wearing has a name, and I couldn't think of anything better to call it. If anyone has any suggestions for a better name, please don't hesitate to say so!

This pic is closest to the actual color:
...but still just looking kind of bumpy instead of glittery! (It did dry a bit rough to the touch, since it's so packed with glitter. I did three coats for coverage, plus base and top coat.)

I took this one indoors with flash and purposely blurred it a little to try to capture a little of the glittery sparkle:
Oh, well. I guess that's what happens when your camera can't handle the bling...or the color purple. :)

Thanks for looking!

8 comments:

  1. This is such an awesome colour, I love it :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Zara: Thank you! :)

    Cel: Thank you, and thanks for commenting! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tasha: Thanks, and thanks for commenting! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this color! I hate that the camera has a hard time with my glitter frankens too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. ABOP: Thanks! :) I keep trying different settings, etc., on my camera, thinking I'll eventually find just the perfect one to capture all the sparkle. No luck so far, though! ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting on my blog. I read and appreciate every comment and will do my best to reply within a day or two.