Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Maybelline Express Finish 50 Second Nail Color - Scene Steeler

A very dark steely gray polish, with a silvery shimmer. I like this; I'm very fond of the darker, more vampy colors, and I think this one makes my nails look like black pearls.

It went on quite nicely, dried very quickly, and wore well (as well as anything ever does for me - I'm really hard on my nails most of the time.) Pics are three coats, plus base and top coat.

Here it is in the sun: (hmmm...looking at this picture I can see that i filed the nail on my third finger really unevenly - dang!)

And in shade:
Incidentally, I stopped by Rite-Aid this evening, and since I can never pass by any nail polish displays without stopping to take a look, I had a quick glance. They had a Sinful Colors Shanghai Nights Display, but they were all out of Bamboo, which is the only one of that collection I was really interested in...Lol, I guess everybody else was, too! I did spot a nearly full Sinful Colors Colors of Darkness display tucked away on a bottom shelf. All of those colors looked verrrry vampy, and I am verrry interested in at least a few of them. (Which means watch this space for swatches...;)

Vampy, dark, and brooding colors (yay! ;D) seem to be quite the trend in Rite-Aid at the moment; I also happened upon a Wet'n'Wild Color Icon Insomnia display, which was all about dark, vampy reds, blues, and purples and glitters in black jelly bases. I am currently quite intrigued by most (ok, all) of them as we speak...There are only two of each color in the display and they seemed to be going fast.

I did notice one thing about the Wet'n'Wild Insomnia collection, though - one of the colors, Prowler, a purple glitter in a dark jelly base, looks to me like an exact dupe of Night Prowl, one of the polishes in the regular Wet'n'Wild display. Since I already bought Night Prowl in the 0.43 bottle for ninety-nine cents, I don't think I'm going to be in a big hurry to pay $1.99 for 0.29 oz of Prowler... Just sayin'... All the other colors in the display, though, looked new and different.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on my blog. I read and appreciate every comment and will do my best to reply within a day or two.