Thursday, July 8, 2010

Petites Color Fever - 531 Fairy Pink




My first post! Why am I nervous? Lol!

First of all, my apologies for the abominable state of my cuticles; I'm currently going through my annual summertime desert-dry hands phase. Also, on my second finger you can pretty clearly see the latest "owie". I was playing with my mother's cat when he made a claws-out grab for the toy and missed, snagging my finger instead. Ouch....

So my hands are not so pretty right now, but fortunately this polish is! I'm usually not crazy about the paler pink polishes (on me; I love the color pink in any way, shape, or form but the paler ones usually make my skin look too washed out and muddy), but this one has enough deeper and mauvey tones to it that I think I can pull it off.

This polish is a little hard to describe - it seems to be an almost-holo. It's a shimmery mauve-toned pink with loads of tiny silvery holographic or prismatic glitter. It's subtle yet eye-catching.

Try as I might - and I did try; witness the many photos spamming this post, my camera just wouldn't pick up the silver shimmer in this polish, even with flash, but trust me- it's there and it's lovely. I was hoping to get a pic of it in full sun, but we were deep in the June Glooms for most of the day today, and it just wasn't happening.

As for application, the polish went on very smoothly. The pics show three coats over an opaque white base coat (Wet'n'Wild Wild Shine 449C French White Creme) with a topcoat. Without the white base coat it would probably have been a little more sheer. I could probably have gotten away with two coats very satisfactorily, but I have an irrational hatred of VNL (Visible Nail Line), so I preferred three coats plus white base. It did bubble something awful on my nails as t dried, but that might be because it was over one hundred degrees and very humid when I was applying it - or maybe I was just in too much of a rush (which also explains the somewhat sloppy job - apologies again.)

This is now one of my favorite pink nail polishes. I think it's very aptly named as well - it does remind me of a fairy color, dusky and pale at the same time, shimmery, and just downright pretty. It's a shade of pink that you might see in the sky at twilight on a warm summer evening just after the sun's gone down, plus a ton of prismatic sparkle. Love.

2 comments:

  1. Welcome to blogging! I hope you enjoy it and getting to meet and interact with all of us nail polish bloggers and commentors. I will add you to Monday's NBOTB post - GOOD LUCK! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brooke- Thank you so much for the lovely welcome! If everyone is as friendly and kind as you, I'm sure I'll enjoy this adventure in the nail polish blogging world! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting on my blog. I read and appreciate every comment and will do my best to reply within a day or two.