Friday, July 16, 2010

Sally Hansen No Chip 10 Day Nail Color - Eternal Expresso



I'm a bit late posting this one, but I do want to get it up here today, since I'll be away for the weekend.

This polish is an older Sally Hansen that I found at the Dollar Tree (I'm always finding stuff in dollar stores; have you noticed?) It came in a two pack; I really bought the package for the other color that came with it, but I do like this one as well. It's a very pretty medium rose color. (To me the name Eternal Expresso would seem to suggest more of a coffee color than a pink, but what do I know? :-P It does seem to be somewhat pinker on the nail than in the bottle. I had a bottle pic, but my camera refused to transfer it for reasons I can't even begin to fathom. Sorry. I may try again later.)

It's quite frosty, actually more so than it looks in my pics, and can be a little brushstroke-y (but really not too bad), so that's something to be aware of if you don't care for frosts...As you can also see in the pics, it had a few minor chips on the tips of my nails by the morning of day two, which is a bit ironic, considering that "No Chip" is actually on the label. As for it being "10 Day Nail Color" - well, no polish has ever lasted anywhere near ten days on my nails, no matter what I do, so I won't even attempt to judge that claim!

Pics are three coats, plus top coat and base coat.

I'd like this one better if it didn't chip quite so easily.

Have a wonderful weekend! :)

2 comments:

  1. I love this color! It seems like it has the potential to be a grandma color, but it definitely isn't.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Zara: I agree about the grandma color potential, especially in the bottle, but it did turn out to be a much prettier than I thought it would. Thanks for commenting! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting on my blog. I read and appreciate every comment and will do my best to reply within a day or two.